Sunday, May 27, 2007

Testimonial on Tony's Behalf

Tony,

Please forgive me. I am such a fool. I can't believe myself for dwelling on some insignificant unhappiness so obsessively during your short visit. Time flew by right in front of my eyes, and before I realized that I should be overwhelmed with our good times, you were already gone.

You probably felt hopeless in saving me. Please don't. Your visit meant so much to me that I can't thank you enough. For those few days, I finally escaped from my phobia of being alone. It felt safe and I knew that whatever happened or were about to happen, you would be right there by my side, making sure that I wouldn't fall. You are too kind. Sometimes I question whether I have done enough good to others to deserve this unconditional friendship.

So, thank you for coming, my friend, and thanks for rescuing me. Drinking on the roof while listening to Mahler 9 was the best time I ever had.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wonder why we all have this phobia of being alone... As a kid I was petrified of dying alone... but I guess like the countless other things that I have had to compromise with, this is one truth I have made my peace with.. loneliness, fortunately is never alone. One can look for companionship in so many things - the ticking of a clock for example...

Anonymous said...

No one has ever written anything so profoundly touching as that. Being the macho-man that I am, tears do not often well up, but they overflowed when I read this. I am touched more than you know, and was so glad to have been there to be with you. I am always there with you.

Your true friend,

Tony

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.