Saturday, May 5, 2007

Dream Sequence 5

In the first night, he was with some other woman; second night, a different one. But last night in my dream, he was with me.

I finally understood what happiness really was - a heavenly state in which one could be so peacefully satisfied that there was absolutely nothing more to desire.

He gazed at me lovingly. A incredible sensation filled and expanded every particle in my body. I felt as light as a feather, that even the most gentle breath would lift me up and make me fly.

Our little family. Our little world. Ours. His and mine.

It was real, wasn't it? It felt so real.

Then the dream took a different turn.

Suddenly I was standing in the center of a frozen lake all alone. Skating was never a talent of mine, but I was looking for an entrance or an exit, so I skated on the thick layer of ice. I was free. For a moment, I even thought that I was flying. Yet my heart was heavy and I could feel the warm stream that began to accumulate in my lower eyelids.

When the ice cracked into chunks, I didn't panic as if I had been expecting it to happen. There was neither resistant nor struggle. I allowed my body to sink into the water. It was supposed to be icy-cold, but I felt nothing.

"This is the end." I thought to myself but did not care a bit. Embraced by the water, I closed my eyes and let my consciousness drift away.

No comments: