Sunday, May 20, 2007

Ear-Plugs (Retry)




Let me hear nothing but my own breathing.
In the waves of each breath,
I am more at peace than a willow tree.

The randomness of poetry,
Could only be understood by a drunken tree.
As its leaves wave and wave at me,
Weep weep, weep, weep,
Rhythm or not,
I am more content than it can ever be.

No one could pierce through my transparency.
I am immune and I am saved.
The ear-plugs promised to protect me.

Oh the sea is slashing and the tree is crying.
Weep weep, weep weep,
I have truly got nothing but this pair of ear-plugs that keeps me safe.
So I put them inside my ears deeply.

While my mind becomes soothing,
I lower my guards and set myself free.
In the moment of so-called heaveness,
I allow myself to weep happily,
Weep weep weep weep,
Just like the willow tree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.