Thursday, April 19, 2007

Dream Sequence 4

"We had a good time together, didn't we?"

"Yah. We were happy. You needed my emotional support as much as I needed yours at the time, so it worked. It worked real well for what it was. Although I have to admit that I idealized you. No. We idealized each other. You really didn't know me. And I can't say that I knew you well enough either."

"I KNEW YOU! Of course I did!"

"I was young. I didn't even know myself."

"You remember us, don't you? You will never forget! I know it. I know that you still keep my letters."

"They are gone, Sam. I threw them out. Letters, E-mails, pictures, promises, dreams."

"I know you kept them..."

"I had to move on. You moved on, why shouldn't I?"

"... but you would always remember us..."

"Yes I would. But I'm not tormented anymore. We broke up both in reality and in my dreams. It took me a long time but I finally got it and I am okay."

"No regrets?"

"I wish I had gone to see you as I promised. I'm sorry that I couldn't. Things might have turned out differently for us."

"You are still the same... didn't change a bit. Are you... happy?"

"I am."

"So this is good-bye...?"

"I guess so. We'll meet again. In another life, perhaps."

"..."

"Take care, Sam."

"... You know I cared for you. I still do and will always do. Remember we said these things at the end? Do you remember? Do you remember?? I never stopped caring for you. Okay FINE. Loving you I meant! Do you hear me? Do you hear what I said?"

"Sam, don't come to my dreams anymore."

"I bet you still love me! Don't you? Don't you?!"

No comments: